In other words, if you care, we will be moving our joints through full range of motion for a certain period of time and THEN…
There will be a static hold (isometric).
ALL types of contractions have a carry over to LIFE!
For example, picking a up a log off the ground (concentric), holding it and carrying it to the wood pile (isometric) lowering it down and putting it in its proper place (eccentric)
A little fitness vocabulary and education for you!
It was great to see such a BIG turnout for the Training Room Trialthlon on Sunday!
We don’t want you to miss a thing!
Training Room Events to keep you busy, engaged in physical activity and to have some FUN!
- Jersey Shore Kettlebell Championships are April 9 (go to our Warrior Events site to register)
- ROW for HOPE is May 15: Get your teams together and register here.
Here’s your strength circuit for Monday.
60/30 x 4 rounds of
- Full range of motion for 30 seconds
- Static hold for 30 seconds
- 30 seconds rest
- Ring row or kettlebell or dumbbell row
- Squat or split squat
- Body weight hinge or Superman
- Ab choice
- 30 seconds easy
- GO 30 seconds hard!
- 30 seconds recovery
- JJs or JR or sled
- squat thrust or slam
This Weeks Challenge revisited!
Choice of Row / Bike / Ski / or Run
250 meters x 5 with an exact 1 minute rest after each 250.
- Start the timer on zero and perform the 250
- As soon as the 250 is complete start your 1 minute rest
- Once your exact minute rest is over start your next 250
- The workout is over after the 5th 250.
- In order for this to be done correctly you must start the interval exactly at the 1 minute mark, no sooner!
- The official time is when the last 250 is complete.
Here’s a similar eccentric, concentric and isometric strength workout to follow along to at home!