Are you ready for a Monday Metcon deck of cards?
We hope you had a fun filled and active weekend!
Let’s up our game this week in and out of the gym,
A few health reminders
- Get 7 hours of sleep per night.
- Drink half of your body weight in onces of water.
- Walk daily.
- Take time to stretch after class.
- Don’t force movement that causes pain.
- Work on your weaknesses.
- Go outside your comfort zone.
ROW for HOPE is coming up this Sunday at Goodsports USA in Wall.
There are still a few stragglers who haven’t signed up yet.
Kicking things off with a Monday Metcon deck of cards!
Metabolic conditioning (also know as cardio with weights) that is…
Speaking of Metcon, here’s a little workout that we did for Men’s Journal a while back.
Here’s Monday’s conditioning session…
- Hearts=Squat, drop squat, jump squat
- Diamonds=Squat thrust or slam ball
- Clubs=Kettlebell swings or body weight/banded hinges
- Spades=Cardio Choice
- jump rope
- jumping jacks
- sled push
- run, skip, Pegs
Cardio Choice times:
- Aces-45 seconds
- 10’s-40 seconds
- 8-9’s-35 seconds
- 6-7’s-30 seconds
- 4-5’s-25 seconds
- 2-3’s-20 seconds