Picking up the Intensity
We will be picking up the intensity on Friday at The Training Room!
Why wouldn’t we?
A Training Room conditioning classic.
Changing up the intensity from Thursday’s Man Maker Strength session.
20 Minutes of action… but first you’ll have an extra solid warm up so you are READY.
Extra Long Warm-UP
We will warm up with a kettlebell/body weight conditioning warm up for 3 rounds to get the heart rate up and prep for the session.
Here’s a sample warm up….
Rounds 1 & 2) 20 seconds work/20 seconds rest of the following
- body weight squats
- push ups
- kettlebell high pulls
- goblet squat
- 2 handed swing
- Jumping jacks
Round 3): 20 seconds at each non-stop (kick it UP a notch!)
- Drop squats
- half burpees
- kettlebell snatch, or one handed swing r/l
- mountain climbers
- 2 handed kettlebell swings
- jumping jacks
Today’s 2 minute torture will be done on the 2 minute mark of 10 rounds (20 minutes)
Do the following movements:
- Burpee 5 or Squat thrust (slam ball can be an option).
- Kettlebell snatch 5/5 or 5/5 cleans.
- Mountain climbers 15/15.
- kettlebell swings 20 or body weght squats can work here as well.
- Advanced do 25 Jumping jacks.
Example: If you finish all of this in 1:30, you will have 30 seconds before you have to start again.
Have a great day!
Here’s a Conditioning Video Workout from back in the day…
Here’s a breakdown of your Video Workout Option!
- Rd. 1) 30 work / 25 rest
- Rd. 2) 30 work / 20 rest
- Rd. 3) 25 work /15
- Rd. 4) 20/10 x 2
You will have 1 Minute Rest between each round.
Here is your Circuit:
- High Pull, Jump Pull or Fast Assisted Pull Up
- Mt. Climbers Or Crawl
- Quick Steps
- Squats (drop, air, surfer, split. lunges)
- Crab Toe Touch or Bicycles
- Run in Place
- Skaters or Side Step
- Push-press or 1/2 Burpees
- Jump Rope, Rope Flow, or Jumping Jacks
Upcoming Events to keep you FIT and busy!
- The next Beers and Bells will be October 28 (10 minute set)
- Annual Turkey Day Relay is set for Thanksgiving Day!
- December 1: Beers and Bells (Winter series 5 minute set)
- December 10: Holiday Party
- January 6: Beers and bells 2 (6 minute set)
- Feb 3: Beers and Bells 3
- Feb 11: ALS Plunge
- Feb 18: Ergathlon
- Row for HOPE is May
Have an amazing weekend…Here’s one DEEP from the archives!