There’s old school Training Room stuff coming your way on Thursday, featuring three minute conditioning sets.
If you’ve been with us for some time now, you should be familiar with three minute conditioning sets.
The object is to push yourself through the 3 minutes, but not to complete fatigue…
The recovery is half that time (1:30).
Therefore, you SHOULD leave some fuel in your tank in order to execute the prescribed exercises with correct technique.
There cannot be proper execution if you are completely “annihilated” with fatigue and flailing your body around like a rag doll.
Complete innihilation and fatigue WILL be counter productive when it comes to your heatlh and fitness goals.
Keep ALL of this in mind EVERY TIME you are training.
The ultimate goal is to get better though precise and healthy movements while creating GREAT habits.
It’s very easy to fall into bad habits and injure yourself.
Other things you need to know about…
- Kettlebell Sport Competition on April 9 at the Manasquan Gym
- ROW for HOPE on May 15 at Goodsports USA in Wall. (ALL proceeds donated to JAG fund for brain caner research in memory of Kathy Milkowski)
Back to old school 3 minute conditioning sets Training Room style.
There will be 3 sets of exercises.
Perform each movement for 20 seconds, moving from one to the next without rest…
- Swing, or snatch (right side) substitute with a lighter deadlift or hinge.
- Swing or Snatch (left side)
- Mountain climber or crawl
- High pull, jump pull, band pulls or ring row (low impact)
- Squat press
- Jumping jacks or quicks feet/steps
- Air/Drop squat
- 1/2 burpee or push up
Repeat this entire sequence twice, then straight through all 9 movements for thirty seconds of each non-stop for the grand finally.
Help keep those shoulders well oiled and healthy…