Deck of Cards Workout for Strength is in the rotation for Friday!
First of all, we hope you enjoyed Thursday’s metabolic enhancement day!
Slowing things down a little bit for Friday would make the most sense (you’re welcome)
It’s all about varied intensities for actual results!
Speaking of varied intensity…
If you decide to sign up for our 12 week fitness challenge, you will make your appointment with JD at Atlantic Exercise Physiology and he will do extensive testing to see how your heart and lungs react to certain intensities of exercise.
This testing will determine what type of exercise you should be focuing on in our program!
Back to Deck of Cards Workout For STRENGTH!
Friday’s Strength workout is DECK OF CARDS!
Let’s get right to it:
Each suit is a different exercise.
You will complete the number of reps or timed intervals for each suit or card number pulled.
Queen, King, Jack = 10 reps, Ace’s = 12 reps, Jokers = 10 Burpees (or a substitute as per your trainer)
Here are the Exercises:
- Ab Choice (many to choose from: knees to chest, bicycles, twist, mountain climbers…)
- Cardio Choice – your trainer will time you, so you don’t need to think about it! (Timed: Ace’s – 45s / Jack, Queen, Kind – 40s / 8&9 – 35s / 6&7 -30s / 4&5- 25s / 2&3 – 20s)
Have some FUN with this one!
Here’s a Video Workout for all of you at home or out of town:
Kettlebell and Bodyweight A & B Strength!
Non-stop 30 second intervals x 5min x 4rds:
1min rest between circuits:
Workout A – Bodyweight
- Pistols, step-downs, shrimp, curtsey squats or GOATA Drop Ins L/R
- 1 arm push-ups L/R or Shoulder taps
- Hip bridge L/R
- 1. arm ring row L/R
- Ab choice
Workout B – Weighted
- weighted goblet or split squat L/R
- 1 arm press L/R
- SL deadlift L/R
- 1 arm rows
Finisher: Pick 5 cardio exercises and do each one for 5min or 5min KB sport choice:
Here’s a home video strength workout: